Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Crud

GAH! I hate being sick, and every time the kids get sick I get sick. Maybe it's the, ahem, few extra pounds, maybe it's the close proximity to the kids, I don't know, but I hate it! Little B got sick on Wednesday night, throwing up. That's fine, he acted okay except for that bit. And at least he slept through the night. Little J, on the other hand, got sick on Thursday night... And fricken' threw up all fricken' night long! I got sick that night as well, so Poor Hubby had to do most of the work with the girl. We finally got to the point of just turning the blanket around to a mostly dry side, or folding it in half! We had no choice, the little stinker went through my entire blanket collection. In one night. Sigh. And poor me. I had it at both ends. I suppose that's a so to speak! Anyway, I finally got to eat yesterday and I feel a bit better now. I weighed myself that first day and I had lost 5 pounds of water weight overnight! Scary! But we seem to be on the mend now.


Okay, so now that I have grossed you all out, I suppose I should tell you about something more pleasant. But the only thing I've got at the moment is: I think I'm gonna fail my next anatomy test. Sigh. It's the nerves and brain, eyes and ears... And it's a bitch. On top of that Thurs-Sat were basically non-study days when I had expected them to be big study days! So I will do what I can tonight and tomorrow. Oh, and Hubby's best friend is in town. They've been safely in Northern Cal the last few days. But they get back today, so the chances of massive study time the next two days? I'll let you decide.

So, yeah, I guess we will see!

1 comment:

susan said...

i LOVE the pumpkin spewing seeds... i assume this was from halloween last year but it sums it all up. at one point, i had my boys in three different schools...bernie, at waimea high school; elton at waimea canyon and mikko at kekaha elementary...we got everything from mana to kalaheo, it was the sickest year ever! with my kids grown and me off kauai and in da UP i hardly get sick at all anymore. i used to get true pneumonia at least two times a year but since i left kauai a year ago...i have had two colds and they only last a week. living in the tropics sucks health wise...funky stuff grows in all that heat and humidity