Sunday, March 30, 2008

BIKES!

Yep, we bought bikes. Sweet cruiser bikes too! Though it's been rather tough getting use to the cruiser style. Granted it's been a decade since I've been on a bike, and I'm much more use to mountain bikes, but still, I think I did alright! This is actually the hubbies bike in the foreground, you can see mine in the back:


We put really cool kid seats on them so we can go as a family! And now, of course, all I hear is them wanting to put helmets on and go on the big bikes. It's tough to say no to those little adoring faces:) But I find a way! Hah! The problem is that Daddy has been working nights and isn't home (and awake) at a time that we can go out.

Ah, they caught site of the photos... here we go!

"Ride bike, Mommy, ride bike! Ride bike, Mommy, ride bike!" chants the little one.

"I want the big bike! I want the big bike" whines the big one. Sigh.

So. there ya go! They love them, and we have lots of fun. Well, mostly...

See, Mommy is desperatly out of shape and, though I enjoy the rides, it is a lot of work for me. 2% grade and I feel like my poor thighs are going to explode. I sure can see that if we keep this up once or twice a week I should start to see some changes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how long I have wanted a cruiser?!? Since...forever! Very jealous, but glad to see that you and your family enjoy bike riding. Those times out riding with my family have been some of my fondest memories...

-Erin