Just a quick post to give you some info and introduce myself. I'm Jen's dad although I get to call her Jenny. I answer to eric, Papa, Hey You, Moron and just a host of other less savory appellations occasionally hung on me by some of the people I contact in my daily work world. I'm the only one Jenny allows to call her that btw so just go ahead and be jealous. I'm also the guy who got the presidential election badly wrong and had to pay my debt to dug, who was very gracious about the whole mess. Frankly I would have laughed and pointed but some people have more class than others.
With Jenny headed out of the country i'll be posting on here from time to time. With the kids and the move to a whole 'nother country and things and stuff, Jenny will be busy and I have absolutely no problems embarrassing her. Maybe I'll post some video of her as a kid.
Jenny and family are right now in Mass. visiting the hubby's family. If their visas and whatnot arrive early enough tomorrow they'll be on that big silver bird for Hungary about 2200 EST on Monday. If not they'll wait for them as long as they can and take a later flight. If all else fails Jenny and the kids will come back here and join Rob when they can. (Is it wrong for just a small part of me to hope for a systemwide failure of the mail delivery system? It is? Crap.)
I'm missing them already.
It's funny. I hate to fly (that's a vast understatement. my wife flat refuses to fly with me anymore. i'm badly claustrophobic.) I always feel like they're close as long as I can drive to them no matter how far. Something tells me I won't be able to make the trip in the Ford to Hungary. Not without a boat anyway. Well, maybe in the Vette. It's fiberglass you know. Just like a boat.
Jenny is already feeling the pain of missing her rides. She's got the Jones on her back and I do believe she's a hefty gal. A Star Jones maybe. She has a plan though. She's already scoped out some local bike shops and I think she's got her eye on a few possibilities. The riding should be fabulous! Great country, new places to explore and a ride happy populace. She'll have a ball.
The stinker.
Her Mom (hereinafter referred to by one of her childhood nicknames; Lu. Again, I'm the only one so blessed to call her that. Aren't I special?) ran a 5k today. It was to benefit the Monterey County Rape Crisis Center so it was for a great cause. She ran it in 38:05 which is 1:12 faster than last year. Her next goal is to get under 35 minutes. She'll get it, believe me. Not bad for someone of her.......er, advanced years. (Yeah, like that won't get me in trouble!)
Lu Before.
And after. Still fresh as a daisy!
Isn't she sexy? Damn straight. And yeah, it's an awful place to live but we do try to carry on.
As for my own alledged athletic accomplishments, I did 83 miles on the new Giant FCR2 last month (We love the new bikes). Im on course for at least a hundred this month. I am so happy! I know, most of the serious riders do that or more in a weekend. Or a single ride! But I'm a 49 year old fat guy with a balky wheel. (Indy said it best; It's not the years honey, it's the mileage.) If anyone's interested in the story of 'How I Completely Blew Out My Achilles Tendon' aka 'Unh' let me know and I'll post it. It's about a painful injury so of course it's at least mildly amusing. Anyway, the plan is for Lu and I to up our mileage every month. The goal is a Century Ride (my secret goal is the Leadville 100 but please don't tell anyone) but that will have to wait for Jenny to return. I won't ride the first one without her. If I get killed I'll still expect her to ride it so there's no way for her to wuss out. Heh heh heh.
I guess that's it for now. Between Jenny and I we should be pretty regular and I'll be posting their arrival at the new house.
Did I mention I'm missing them already?
eric
No comments:
Post a Comment