Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Er... Christmas??

Nah, we skipped Christmas this year! Alright, not really, but I want to get Brendan's birthday up and as it's almost the middle of the month I have to do it now. If I keep procrastinating not only will you all not see Christmas but you won't see this birthday either! So I'm going with it.

Ahem. Anyway.....


We took muffins to school; I made sure to put Happy Birthday on the box, in Hungarian, mostly so I didn't have to attempt to say it (I could just point)!
So, the big man is 4!
Er... Wait, a little help from the little Momma (Jaina), and we have...4! Alrighty, now we're cooking with fire!Speaking of cooking, the kids were more then a little pleased that they got to help Mom make waffles! And not only that but Mom made them GREEN! Heaven on a fork, I tell ya!His Hungarian teachers were so sweet to him. They made this butterfly just for him. It has a clothpin glued to the back so it's attached to my kitchen light at the moment. You gotta love this age, it doesn't take much to make them feel like the center of the world.
About midday Jaina decided she wanted in on the photo taking opportunities! So I let her have them camera. These are one's she took:MomMr. BradHer scooter (from Santa!)The carrots waiting to be made into carrot cake (which was really good). And in her defense, my camera has to be double clicked when you have autofocus on, and yeah, that wasn't happening. I figured better out of focus carrots then no pictures at all:)
Not to be outdone, Brendan got into the photo game. I think Jaina has his number though:Cause I needed a picture of Brendan and Mr. Brads feet! I'll save you from the 12 photos he took of Brad's crotch. You're welcome.I have about 10 of these as well. See, when the camera doesn't have the autofocus on it has a tendency to take pictures the entire time the button is held down. For about 20 minutes all I heard was:
clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.
clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.
clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.
Till I took the camera away from him:)
In all the two of them took about 200 photos!
They had a fun day, and really are good friends. As seen by the random picture taken of kids hugging with no Mom in the background saying things like "Hug please. No, hug nice! Um, longer then 2 seconds this time, k? So I can take a picture to send Grandma and Papa". That works everytime! And since that wasn't happening in the background I have now proven that this was, in fact, a totally sweet, nonderived, moment.
Sniff.
This is their friend Troy. He and his mom are good friends and so scored an invitation to come over for minipizzas and dino chicken nuggets! And Fanta! Joy.
Somehow she managed to convince those two to watch Strawberry Shortcake with her. I don't have the finger strength to explain exactly how that happened!Tools from Grandma and Papa! This boy has quite the tool collection growing.Jaina had to intercept every present from her Dad to give Brendan cause, you know, she was helping. Like any good mommy thankyouverymuch.Heh, he looks like a retard, but he was making his wish. I have no idea what a 4 year old with a tenuous grasp of what a wish is would wish for, but um, wish he did!I forgot to tint the cake (was going to make it green) and it wasn't exactly a firetruck cake like Grammy makes, but it was tasty!At the end of the day he was a happy camper. He got a new train movie, a bunch of green stuff (can you tell he likes green??) and a green transformer. Heaven:)

Happy Birthday Buddy!

1 comment:

Six said...

Those are great pictures sweetie. Thanks for posting them. Give everyone hugs and kisses from grandma and me. We can't wait to see you guys next month.
Counting down the days.
Papa