We got her to bed not long after with the promise that tomorrow it wouldn't hurt, and all she needed was sleep. She still struggled though, and we tried to keep up the idea that it wasn't really too bad, and that all she needed to do was not worry about it and think about something else.
She didn't buy it!
So, eventually I sat down with her and told her that, yes, I cry when I get burned too, and that it was okay that she cried and that, yes, it really did hurt. The acknowledgement of her pain seemed to calm her down and she got to sleep. She got up only once during the night; we got her a bit more pain reliever for the pain and it didn't take long for her to get back to sleep.
The best thing was the next morning; I woke up to an ecstatic little girl voice yelling that her booboo didn't hurt! Joy of joys, Mommy didn't lie:)
1 comment:
You weren't kidding Jen. That's a nasty blister.
Tell Papas Girl that I'm proud of her I love her very much.
See you guys soon.
Post a Comment