Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dad's Response

The following is a response by Dad:

Polls are essentially meaningless. Reagan was down 8 points in 1980. W was down twice. How'd that work out? Polls are dependent on just who's being polled and the questions being asked.

Sarah Palin knows enough. It's about Leadership and she's got it in spades. All the rest is subject matter and we can hire experts for that.

Sarah Palin is in fact "Joe Sixpack" (or Jane actually) and that gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. If you think the common man isn't qualified to be President you're badly mistaken. It's time and past time we kicked the professional politicians out of office and returned this country to the common man. Or woman. Heh heh.

I think liberals do in fact hate Palin. She's been excoriated in the media. She's bright, intelligent, well spoken (yes, I did indeed say well spoken), possessed of her fair share of common sense and decisive. In short she's supremely well qualified to be Vice president or President. I wish she was at the top of the ticket to tell the truth. She's a leader.

My argument against Obama has nothing to do with his qualifications (though if his connections with such as Ayers and ACORN don't give you pause I have to wonder what will). It's that he's the most liberal candidate to ever make a serious run for President and that's exactly the wrong person to lead this country.

I might be wrong but I don't think so. Tell you what, in the interest of continuing a friendly disagreement how about making it interesting? If I'm wrong I'll buy and publicly wear an Obama shirt. I'm sure Jen would be happy to publish a pic of it here. Against that? A pic of you publicly wearing a Sarah Palin shirt of course. Any takers? How about it Dug? I read your blog (excellent and very funny by the way. If you haven't read it please do and be sure to support cancer research) and I think you'd look just precious wearing a nice pink Palin t-shirt. Either way, one side is going to be badly disappointed, might as well have some fun.
Eric

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you KIDDING? i would LOVE to wear a palin t-shirt. you don't even have to bet me the election outcome. i think palin is adorable. make it whatever color you like (though, mysteriously, i DO like pink).

and polling-wise, the NYT (all the news that's fit to print, and a little more) had this to say:

"In the latest Gallup tracking poll, Mr. Obama leads Mr. McCain 50 percent to 43 percent among registered voters. Mr. McCain’s deficit in that survey has remained seven percentage points or more for most of the last two weeks.

Since Gallup began presidential polling in 1936, only one candidate has overcome a deficit that large, and this late, to win the White House: Ronald Reagan, who trailed President Jimmy Carter 47 percent to 39 percent in a survey completed on Oct. 26, 1980."

polls don't mean "nothing" and i don't think you really believe they do. i understand the need to keep spirits up, but you're approaching crazy town.

Anonymous said...

by the way, the ayers thing is pretty confusing to me. i think factcheck.org does a nice job of debunking what should have been a non-starter from the beginning:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_lied_about_bill_ayers.html

if this is really the worst the right can come up with, maybe they should go back and look at haliburton again, just to freshen up on what unsavory associations REALLY are.

The DO said...

Not to be hostle here, but honestly I wouldn't trust Annenberg as far as I can throw an elephant and that article is not what I consider good journalism. Ayers is a scumbag, period. He was a radical, he was a traitor to the nation, and Obama is friends with him. I cannot in good faith trust a man that trust those that openly aim to kill other Americans in acts of terror.

The DO said...

Holy crap. After re-reading this, did I REALLY spell hostile hostle?? I shall now go hang my head in shame...

The DO said...

And, yes, I was Sew Bee It in a previous life